Monday, January 30, 2006

We live among gods

Lurching upright from my tomb, may I warmly congratulate not one but two inmates of the Toasty’s Futon sidebar, Caroline of Trivial Pursuit and Peter of Naked Blog, who’ve been shortlisted in the 2006 Bloggies, the annual awards for weblogs?

Caroline is one of five cyber-scribblers brawling for the title of Best Australian or New Zealand Weblog, while Peter, who was blogging away merrily when most of us were merely twinkles in the plumber’s eye, should be a shoo-in for the Lifetime Achievement Award.

There’s still (just) time to add your voice to the swelling consensus that Caroline and Peter should be made Perpetual Joint Presidents Of Everything. Get yer ass down to this page here, scroll down and vote like it wuz goin’ out of fashion, and afterwards you’ll be able to look yourself in the mirror and know you’re a Good Person and who cares about the Rotherhithe murders anyway, it was a long time ago.

Orange juice and soggy biscuits are now on sale in the créche, and don’t forget to look at our Floral Bazooka.

6 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well thank-you dear. Another thirty quid is in the post and I'll put the pole down.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Toasty Lundqvist said...

If you’re talking about Pope John Paul II, I fear someone has beaten you to it.

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gawd I missed you dear. You make me laugh and laugh.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

INEXCUSABLE SPELLING MISTAKE IN FIRST POST:

Toasty - I actually nominated you for the Bloggies under "best comedy blog". But only because I couldn't think of a 3rd nominee after the 2 funny ones that I read. Sorry you didn't get in to the list, I'll try harder next time.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Toasty Lundqvist said...

Thank you nonetheless. I wasn’t expecting to get anywhere, as I don’t think they’re too keen on blogs as sporadic as this one.

Caroline – a similar effect can be achieved by thinking about Sir Nicholas Winterton. But I wouldn’t advise it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home