Saturday, February 18, 2006

Knight in (possibly white) satin

It seems only yesterday I was hailing the achievement of Peter and Caroline in bringing the Toasty’s Futon sidebar to the attention of the world via the Bloggies Awards.

In fact however it was Monday January 30 2006 and the world may already have forgotten, being the scatterbrained wee scamp of a planet it is.

So well done Peter for getting himself nominated in the Satin Pajama Awards in not just one category but two – Lifetime Achievement and Best Personal.

This was exactly what we needed to keep the Toasty’s Futon sidebar in the public eye. No one would ever have heard of Naked Blog if it wasn’t for Toasty’s Futon, you know.

A touch disappointing that Caroline couldn’t be bothered to get herself nominated in the Satin Pajama Awards too, but she’s a busy woman with 400 children and 8,000 pigs to support and apparently New Zealand bloggers aren’t eligible in any case though I’m sure she could have found a way round that if she’d really tried but who am I to cast aspersions, particularly as she’s bigger than I am and a mean wielder of a knuckleduster?

I will now crucify myself with croquet hoops on the Wilton Park bowling green, Batley. Look, here I go!

2 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toasty, I had no idea I was in the Bloggie awards until Zoe pointed it out to me. It’s obviously a terrible abberation.

Now I must away to tend to my 400 children and 8,000 pigs. Oh bum, I think it’s the other way around…

And yes, I could be bigger than you, I’m HUGE and also I have a gun, and a big dog and a standing account at the local store.

And some Air Miles.

(Quick aside: probably best not mention my name here - doesn't excite too much interest.)

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Toasty Lundqvist said...

Oh no, please no, not – the Air Miles!!! I’ll do anything, even shave and be polite!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home