Thursday, March 09, 2006

Slave To The Meme

7 things I’d like to do before I die.

Escape from this giant zip-up pencil-case.

7 things I can’t do.

Inhale and exhale simultaneously.

Fly through corned beef.

Walk down the street without twitching and holding on to roadsigns.

7 things that attracted me to my partner.

Her lack of discrimination.

7 things I often say.

Don’t be concerned, it’s just a side-effect of medication.

The spiders, the spiders!

7 films.

Sand and Gravel Extraction

Les Parapluies de Biggleswade

Salo: 120 Days of Yes Dear, Very Nice

7 books.

How Bletchley Cracked The Green Cross Code

How to operate your Betamax Cartridge Pop-Sideways Toaster

What to do in a major chemical leakage (= turn to froth)

7 memes.

List your aunts, in descending order of tediousness.

Write a story about a pencil sharpener (minimum 3,000 words).

Only Post If You Have Something Interesting To Say.

(It’ll never catch on.)

6 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger Betty said...

No, to do a genuine meme you have to write at least 20,000 words on the "78 things you want to do before you die" bit alone, during which the reader grows a beard and chews his/her own fingers off with boredom.

I was thinking the other day that the Parapluies de Cherbourg should be re-made in Batley. Things were really hotting up on the Batley webcam a couple of weeks ago with the outdoor market, when a woman was bending over and exposing too much midriff.

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Cie Cheesemeister said...

Hey Toasty,
I copied this and did it on my blog. I call these "surveys."
Peace,
The Cheesy 1

 
At 4:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toasty! How very jolly to see lurching upright again.

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anyway you can stop being mean to me now as Vicus was far worse in his penulimate post.

Bloody men. Bah.

 
At 5:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Toasty - it's been a while; you haven't done anything rash have you, like get a job?

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Toasty Lundqvist said...

Perish the thought. My health visitor says that any attempt to grasp ‘employment’ even as a purely abstract concept could be fatal to a no-good bum in my condition.

No, it’s just that I’ve been tremendously taken up with all sorts of silly nonsense and waffle and fluff that I’ll tell you about just as soon as I’ve made it up, promise.

Betty – how depressing that Batley should slide into depravity the moment my back is turned. But we’ll sort it out together, you and I, now that I’m back and I’m bad and I’m mad as hell and I haven’t had my dinner and I’m stomping around like Louis Gossett Jr in An Officer and A Gentleman, not that I’ve ever seen it you understand.

Cheesy One – glad to hear I transmitted the infection to you, and thanks for the namecheck.

Caroline – I do hope you’re joking? Any meanness on my part was wholly inadvertent. But it’s good that you keep a watchful eye on this site. You never know, one day there may be a good posting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home